Head Sommelier for Country House Hotel in Devon
About Lympstone Manor
Michael Caines, one of Britain’s most celebrated and best known chefs opened the luxury country retreat Lympstone Manor in Devon in Spring 2017, gaining a Michelin star at Lympstone in October 2017. Located on the southern edge of Lympstone village, between Exeter and Exmouth, the Grade II listed Georgian mansion is set in 28 acres with unrivalled views overlooking the Exe estuary. Now fully restored and renovated by Michael and his team of talented architectural and interior design specialists, the former private home has been transformed into a 21-bedroom hotel featuring contemporary interiors that still retains a sense of place and a 60-seat fine dining restaurant.
We are looking for a Head Sommelier.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of the only Sommelier team in the UK with its own growing Vineyard at our luxury 1 Michelin Star Country House Hotel, Lympstone Manor. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the industry and have previous experience in a similar establishment. Relevant studies and qualifications are necessary as well as knowledge in meeting Sales targets.
Head Sommelier Benefits:
- This position comes with a highly competitive pay package
- A generous monthly service charge addition
- 28 days holiday per year
- Onsite free car parking
- Free staff meals
What do we want in our Head Sommelier?
- Self Motivated and well organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Have proven relevant industry experience
- Maintain a positive and flexible attitude and work to the highest standards at all times
- Thrives in a pressured environment
Head Sommelier Requirements:
- To ensure that support, wine & bar training and continuous assessment is provided to all members within the department
- To assist in setting Service Standards in line with Lympstone Manor brand strategy, business objectives, and work within them
- Ensure all cellar and bar areas are clean tidy and fit for purpose
- Offer a style of service conducive to guest’s confidence and comfort in your selections
- Working with the Operations Director create and maintain a well-balanced wine list both price wise and representationally
- Work closely with wine suppliers to create good working relationships especially in regards to pricing & support
- Work closely with outside stock takers to insure accurate reports are delivered
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.